UT Martin Honor Band
Application Process – NEW Software – Please read!
UTM Has moved to a new form software (Dynamic Forms). The process will have all the same components but anyone who fills out an application (director or student) will need to create an account first. This process is free and simple. Please follow the steps below:
- Click the link to the https://dynamicforms.ngwebsolutions.com/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2FSubmit%2FStart%2F012a6c35-ea3b-48ef-8e72-d652ffd75487%3FSSO%3DN
- Create a new account – need an email address
- Follow the prompts, log in, complete, and submit the form
- Directors can still submit applications for all their students (if that is what you have done in the past). This may be the easiest option.
Once the application is submitted, two emails will be generated – one to the parent/guardian with a link to a publicity release form and one to the director with a link to a short recommendation form, which will also be submitted electronically. Directors and parents will need to scroll through the form to their page. Directors: your recommendation information will not be visible to students and parents. The deadline to submit applications by will be Friday, December 3, 2021 at midnight.
We have been given approval to host our event again this year but will be using the following protocols for the event:
- Masks are encouraged but not required for all participants (musicians, directors, chaperones, parents, guest conductors, etc.) are required wear masks when inside any UTM buildings
- Playing masks will be provided for all wind players who would like them, but musicians are not required to wear them
- Bell covers w/ MERV 13 fabric will be provided and used for all wind instruments.
- Rehearsal breaks will be taken (as normally scheduled) and the rooms will be cleared to allow for
the mitigation of aerosols
- Extra air purification devices will be in each rehearsal and performance space.
- Concert attendance will be limited to 95 audience members in the Fulton Theatre with an
overflow of 95 in the Blankenship Recital Hall (watching a live feed)
Timpani Allwest video
Jazz Band Auditions - Audition spots
Assignment Announcement - Smart Music and Flipgrid
I have just posted assignments for smart music due on 11/3 and Flipgrid due on 11/7. Please go ahead and start practicing these and/or submitting some of these so that you don’t get behind. I will be pushing you hard this nine weeks to not only prepare for performances, but to move ahead in our book (all grades) and for you to learn scales and Allwest music (7th and 8th grade). Please work with a metronome and use smart music as a learning tool and not just a “record and submit” tool. Please don’t procrastinate……. DO YOUR BEST! Thank you for allowing me to push you to be the best you can be 😊
Smart Music due 11/3: #39,42, 44, 45
Flipgrid due 11/7:
5th period https://flipgrid.com/39d4b48d
6th period https://flipgrid.com/6c4a38dd
Smart Music due 11/3: #11, 19, Habits book IV-17, Habits book IV-21
Flipgrid due 11/7:
Smart Music due 11/3: #17, 20, 22, Habits book V-98
Smart Music due 11/3: Book One #78, 91, 93, 106