Mission Statement, Beliefs, Vision
E3: Excellence – Everybody - Every Day
The mission of Appling Middle School is to partner with parents, community, and students in preparing learners to positively impact society. We aim to develop self- determined and college ready individuals with literacy, numeracy, and social skills that foster success.
Appling Middle School is committed to cultivating an outstanding environment for teaching, learning, and preparing our students to make positive contributions to a global community.
1. A positive, secure, and structured school environment promotes optimal learning.
2. Every student is unique, valued, and worthy of respect from self and others.
3. Effective skills are critical in navigating technology and evaluating sources of digital data and information.
4. Academic achievement, positive self-esteem, and interpersonal skills are critical for the success of our students.
5. The entire community benefits from the investment in public schools when the responsibility for educating our students is shared among all stakeholders.
6. All students can learn, achieve, and succeed as a result of implementing various instructional strategies that are proven “best practices” in current educational research.
7. Fine arts, wellness, and physical education instruction are an essential component in a balanced academic program.
8. Promoting an environment that focuses on policies, procedures, and student learning protects quality instructional time.