May 8-12 ELA (Atieh, Nesbit, Underhill)
Atieh: Monday and Tuesday will be spent making any finalizations to our stories we have written for our civilization project. Wednesday we will read a SCOPE article and complete activities that align with the article. Thursday students will choose a side and find evidence from the article to back their claims. Teams will challenge each other with claims and evidence (debate). Friday students will rotate with different groups of writes to complete an argumentative paragraph.
Nesbit: We will be assigning a new in-class project. Students will be given a sheet that has 9 options in order to complete their project. Students will need to choose 3 items to do. The items are as follows:
1. Write a song/rap about the elements of plot
2. Write a summary describing each of the elements of plot.
3. Pick a book that you are familiar with and out line each element of plot for it.
4. Create an instruction manual or brochure about the elements of plot.
5. Student choice: Must be approved
6. Create a print advertisement to promote the elements of plot
7. Draw pictures to represent each element of plot
8. Create a comic strip that relates to each of the 5 elements of plot
9. Write a poem or story about the elements of plot
Students will be given the mini project on Monday May 8th and it will be due Friday May 19.
I will work one on one with struggling students - giving strategies, graphic organizers, and guidance.