Welcome to Seventh Grade Language Arts!
1. We welcome to our Appling Family Mr. Jonathan Shames. Mr. Shames will be teaching 8th grade ELA/Science. Ms. Palkoner left at Christmas Break.
2. Report cards were sent home Friday. Please be sure you sign the Report Card Receipt that was attached and return it to school tomorrow. If you have questions about grades, contact corresponding teacher. Homeroom teachers can help provide you with PowerSchool Portal Letters.
3. Our basketball teams are beginning tournament play this week. Our Lady Wildcats travel to West Collierville Middle tomorrow for a 4:00 p.m. game. Let's go Wildcats!!
4. Our cast members for The Boy Who Lived, our theatre production this year, begin cast rehearsals this week. Please contact Robbo, our director, for questions related to rehearsals. Schedules will be distributed Monday, 14 January 2019.
5. Please continue to collect box tops and send those in to your student's homeroom teacher. These amount to free money for the school. Thank you in advance for your support.
6. Please remind the young ladies that shirts and hoodies/sweatshirts must reach mid-thigh when worn with leggings. Jackets wrapped around the waist do not count. We have been a bit lax about this, but now we must address it as shirts are getting shorter and shorter. Please refer to the BCS dress code for questions. We also have the dress code in the Student Handbook.
Practices/Rehearsals for the Week:
Band: Honor - 1/14 & 1/16 - 2:15 - 4:00 p.m. each day; Jazz - 1/15 - 2:15 - 4:00 p.m.
Dance: 1/14, 1/15, 1/17 - 2:00 - 4:45 p.m.; 1/18 - 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Thanks for all you do in support of Appling. We appreciate you!
“The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.” B.B. King