Welcome to Seventh Grade Language Arts!
1. We have our Orientation Nights and our 1:1 meetings this week. 6th grade Orientation Night is tomorrow. We will begin at 6:00 p.m. with the 1:1 meeting. This will last about 20 minutes and parents will need to sign in to gain credit for attendance. All 6th grade parents must attend a 1:1 meeting in order for students to be issued their laptops. If a 6th grader has an older sibling and parents attended a previous meeting, there is no need to attend again.
2. 7th Grade Orientation Night is Wednesday, 23 August 2017. Again, we will begin at 6:00 p.m. with the 1:1 meeting for those students who are new to BCS. Parents must attend a meeting in order for their child to receive their laptops. Students may not use devices from home as we are 1:1 district using MacBook Airs.
3. Our football and volleyball teams kick off their seasons this week. We hope you will come out and support our teams. Our football teams plays Elmore Park on Tuesday, August 22 at BHS Stadium. Game time is 6:00 p.m. Our volleyball team plays Tuesday and Thursday night at Appling each night. Go Wildcats!!!!
4. Our Back to School Dance, sponsored by the Student Council, is Friday, August 25 from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Admission to our dances this year is $7.00 in advance and $8.00 at the door. Concessions will be sold. Look for dance information to come home this week.
5. Our cheer and dance teams have practice throughout the week. Please refer to information sent by the sponsors and posted on our school calendar for practice dates and times.
6. Pop choir auditions will be held on Wednesday immediately after school. Please contact Mr. Wammack, our sponsor for more details.
7. We have only a few more days of our PTO sponsored City Saver Fundraiser. The monies raised by the PTO support the work of the school with instructional supplies, materials, and programs. Our sales are short of the PTO goal. Please consider selling books this week or purchasing a book for yourself. All monies from books sales should be turned in by Friday, 25 August 2017.
8. Please refer to our school webpage for a detailed calendar of events and other pertinent information related to school. You can find our Student Handbook, lunch schedules, and teacher web pages on our Appling page. Our web address is: http://ams.bartlettschools.org/.
9. If you drop off your child in the car line, please help us expedite the process by following the directions of the PE coaches and the officer. Once you enter into the parking lot and the line stops, please let your child out of the car. They will then walk along the sidewalk to enter the building. Our line is too long for each parent to wait until their child gets to the walkway leading to the door way to exit. Once your car stops inside the parking lot, let your student out, please.